Monday, November 9, 2009

Pinnacle Mountain State Park Arkansas

This is Pinnacle Mountain that we hiked up yesterday (Nov.8 09). We started at 300 ft above sea level and hiked up to 1011 ft above sea level. Some of it was a challenge. I had to get on my hands and knees to get up over some boulders because my legs are to short. It sounds scarier than it was. We hiked up the east side and hiked down the west side which was easier to do. Then we had to hike 2 miles around the base trail to get to our car.

Today we did an easier hike of about three miles round trip on mostly level ground. We started playing around with the camera and took close ups of nature. It was fun getting really close to get a pictures of the different textures.

Tomorrow we are heading to Hot Springs. There are therapeutic springs here. Maybe I'll get in one, to ease my aches from all the hiking we did.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pix Nancy- they would make great mousepads....or, printed and framed in your motorhome.... Missing the boat any ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. In fact I was just thinking how I am so much more comfortable in the motorhome. However, I would never give up the years we spent cruising. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete