Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hiking and Biking in Arkansas




Big Dam Pedestrian and Bike Bridge

Bruce and I took an 18 mile bike ride today that included this bridge. It is the second largest pedestrian and bike bridge in the US. It challenged my fear of heights only slightly. I stayed in the center. The bridge is spectacular!! It crosses the Arkansas River from Little Rock to North Little Rock over the Murray Lock and Dam.

Bruce and I also did some hiking at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. It took us 30 minutes to hike up .75 of a mile only to find some guys who had done it in 15 minutes. They live in the area and hike the trail every other day.

5 comments:

  1. jeez louise, what a day you had! I sat home and ate leftover Halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should have been more specific about when we did this hike and bike ride. We didn't do them in the same day. I am not that physically fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PULEEZE - I wouldn't be able to do them in the same month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL! Kathy, one should not let Halloween Candy go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a big dam bridge to go for a dam bike ride. I'm glad you didn't go for a dam hike in the same day because then you'd be damn tired. LOL! It never gets old!!!

    ReplyDelete