Monday, March 1, 2010

Florida The Sunshine State

Bruce and I just spent four days at a rally for Country Coach owners. The Nor'easters. We are at the River Bend Motorcoach Resort in Labelle FL. We've been through here on our boat during our cruising days. It was fun to return to our old haunt. The resort is on the Caloosahatchie River and we remember passing by it on the boat.

This weekend was the 44 th Swamp Cabbage Festival in Labelle. We went to the parade, armidillo races, lawnmower races and saw one mower t bone another and one of the riders broke a leg. I just had to sample some swamp cabbage slaw and pickled swamp cabbage. Swamp cabbage is hearts of palm from the sabal palm tree. The sabal palm tree is the state tree in Florida. I guess I can say that I "ate a tree".

We decided we like it here at the resort and have always liked Labelle so are staying three more days. Labelle is old Florida, with orange groves and wide open spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment