Saturday, January 30, 2010

Go Fly a Kite


Bruce and I went to the South Padre Island Kite Festival. It was pretty cold and windy. I never thought about it being too windy for flying a kite but it was for some of the kites. There were groups that came from as far away as Oregon and Canada to fly their kites. One of the groups was a five man one women team called the I Quad. They flew their kites in a synchronized routine to music. Very cool!!! Their control was amazing. Some of the kites were so big that they were tied to the tailgate of the car. Once the kite was in the air there was really nothing to do. I liked watching the smaller kites doing their routine. Seemed like more of a challenge. Afterward we went to a different beach and flew one of our kites. It "seams " I may be sewing up some kites for us to play with.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome .... sounds like fun- always something interesting, huh ??

    ReplyDelete