Sunday, October 4, 2009

Heading south


My bus is prettier than your bus!!!

After the Special Olympics State Games yesterday Bruce and I headed out for parts unknown. Our first stop was Attica, to check on his mom's house. We couldn't get into the driveway so I called the neighbor and asked if we could park there for the night. Ray used to own the bus company for the schools but now leases the property to another company. Bruce and I were getting settled when someone knocked on the door. It was the manager of the buses. He used to be the chief of police in Attica. How do you go from the chief of police to managing a bus garage? Anyway, someone had called him and told him we were there. The Robbins name has pretty big clout in Attica, so we were good to go. It saved me a couple of speeding tickets years ago. Oh! You're Al Robbins daughter -in -law? OK slow down.

Next morning Bruce went to pick some beets from the field behind the bus garage. When I saw he had picked two full grocery bags I thought we were going to start our own farmers market from the motorhome. He gave one bag to Pat and Ray. Thank goodness!!!

Tonight we are at Keystone State Park in PA.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to know the Robbins name has clout somewhere. I have been speeding in all the wrong areas. :)

    ReplyDelete