Monday, November 8, 2010

Iceland is green and Greenland is ice

After a busy and eventful summer we are underway. Our busy summer included one funeral, very sad, three weddings, a new roof and many visits with friends and family. I especially enjoyed my time with our granddaughters, daughter,son and Jack (a dog).

Our first trip was a cruise to Iceland. We flew to London, rented a car and drove to Southhampton England. On the way we stopped at Winchester. We couldn't get into the cathedral because the BBC Antiques Road Show was there.

We arrived in Southhampton and spent one night at White Star Inn. It had been owned by the same company that owned the Titanic and other ships.

Our cruise was nice but we had the crankiest bunch Ive ever seen on a cruise ship. There were three altercations between all the senior passengers. Two of them were phyical fights where a guy ended up on the floor. The other a women hit a guy with her purse and he punched her in the face. Yikes!!! Have to watch out for those old people.

I am so far behind on my blog that I am just going to post the pictures I've taken. I especially enjoyed Iceland. It is so amazing because of it's geographical features. THe temperature there was 55 degrees and sunny. It only felt cold when the wind blew.

Bruce and I are in Memphis TN and heading up to Branson MO for three days. We descovered they have a week long Veteran's Day celebration. Hopefully we can get to see a show and the parade on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment