Thursday, December 10, 2009

I just have to wonder!!

How did 1 and 1/2 retirees, and I say 1/2 because Bruce worked longer than I did. Oh!!! but wait, I worked longer as a domestic engineer than he did. So how did 2 1/2 retirees. LOL I get an extra 1/2 , deserve a "semi" carefree life style that we have. I say "semi" because we still have children, parents, family and friends to think of and worry about. Not to mention getting back to the Starlight Theartre for our 2 dollar margaritas by 5 pm. We are driving along the Rio Grande River, on the Mexican border in our convertible mustang, Bruce in his Tilley style hat, me in my baseball cap, with the top down, wearing our old lady fitover sunglasses. I just have to laugh!!!

I guess it's a dirty job and someone has to do it!!

4 comments:

  1. I think I saw you on 'Dirty Jobs' last week.....

    Hey- this is what retirement, or even 'semi-retirement', is all about.....as long as you are where you need to be, when you need to be, doing what you need to do, who can argue ??

    (even if 'doing what you need to do' involves $2.00 margaritas....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who deserves it more than you? (me)
    Have fun and keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see a picture of Bruce in his Tilley Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to be retired 1 and a half times over...:-) ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete