Monday, April 20, 2009

Forced March home!!!



Arcadia is moving north as fast as she can!!! We've been doing around 70 miles a day. Unfortunatly, the weather gets colder the more north we go. There were a couple of chilly mornings when I didn't want to get out of my cozy bed. If I wait for my morning hot flash, which are getting few and far between (so I can't depend on them) I can jump out of bed, get dressed and by the time I cool down my morning routine is done and I am ready for the day. Bruce would be up at 5 am. Anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30 I would hear the motor start and the chain from the anchor hitting against the boat. I felt a little guilty not helping, but then again, I always cook the dinner.




Today we went past Camp LeJeune in NC. The Firing Range can be closed for an hour if they are firing across the ICW. A military vessel would block the ICW. Today was the first time in the six years we've gone past, that we saw anything going on. There were three armored personnel carriers that were going across the ICW. I thought they were going to prevent us from going north but they just waved at us and waited for us to pass.
Today the weather was nasty so we only went 40 miles. During my turn at the helm the rain and winds arrived. Yuck!!! At least it wasn't cold and I had my foul weather gear on and only my feet got wet. We decided to go to a marina because the weather is suppose to bad tonight. More rain, wind and possibly hail. Things are pretty uneventful at this point in our trip, and hopefully it stays that way.










4 comments:

  1. Hey, Nancy...good luck on the journey. I guess you got all the issues with the boat finally fixed.
    Keep up the good blogging. We want all the details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and as warm as you can! Keep us all posted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. uneventful??? what about the motor issue at the onset? I think it was a blessing in disguise, because the girls got to see you a little early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember, its the journey ! Great stuff- keep it coming... stay safe !

    ReplyDelete